Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Stephelle’s Kitchen: Oats Congee

Quaker Instant Oats Congee

When I saw this at Tesco last month

without hesitation bought both

I have been looking for this

like since 10 years back.. (okay.. when I was 7??)

 

That was this occasion

my aunty got us this elsewhere

was it from the States, I can’t exactly remember

instant savoury oat

the taste was like heavenly

creamy, smooth, fulfilling…

 

got to make this as dinner tonight

too lazy to cook anything

did it taste like the one I have been looking for?

I can’t exactly remember what am I looking for, really

anyway this doesn’t taste too bad

at least,

it is 10 times better than instant noodle right

chicken oat congee

anyway,

actually in the middle of the long wait

before the product landed, after so long

I have got my own recipe for making savoury oat congee

 

all you need is mix everything today

· Instant oat

· Chicken / vegetable stock

· Sesame oil

· Grinded pepper

· Fried anchovies

 

however, not everyone finds oat congee

as a good meal alternative

my mom always prefer to make her own oat drink

because she found mine way too sticky,

to the extends of being gross

and when I introduced this savoury congee to my housemate, Jo

she was like, oh… I still can’t get used to the idea

oat always comes in sweet flavour

 

all I can say is

taste… is a very personal thing

my level of tolerance, or rather

my level of favourism for creamy smooth food

is too the extreme level

 

I can even use yellow sweet potato in lieu of potato

for a smooth creamy soup for my ramen

it was well-cooked till the starch turned powdery and sticky

actually I was just throwing in everything like,

whatever I have

yum yum

sweet potato ramen

No comments:

Post a Comment