Thursday, March 8, 2012

From KLCC X To Pavilion-C: Tourists Among “People Sea”

this is no-ordinary marketing-survey field trip

with old pals I have not seen for ages

 

Eva,

previous meet-up was on 2009.08.15,

on top of Kajang Hill

(left) Tjin, first ever block-mate I talked to at Block G

I have never seen her, still

probably one day,

we can organize a Medan trip cum meet-up at her place

old pals

 

Jess,

previous meet-up was 2010.08.06, Cheras

we were supposed to go Sunway Lagoon the next day

but I “ditched” them, so sorry to them and for myself,

for some stupid reasons

at Jusco, i think

 

therefore 08.03.2012

is basically the very first official date for this trio

and we happened to wear blue, all of us

and oh ya, the sheer blouse Eva was wearing

is exactly the white one I got at Zara last week

Voucher Bounce X White Blouse: All-alone MV Browse

taking advantages of huge mirror

 

But no worries

When it comes to marketing survey

we wouldn’t run out of topic to talk about

no matter how long we have not seen each other

 

On top of the special company

we made a pretty long and new journey

through the big sea, through the long passage

 

And finally here we were

the KLCC-Bukit Bintang Walkway

it is a 15 minutes walk, as publicized

and is sheltered, (of course) plus air-conditioned

and in terms of safety,

there are security officers stationed along the way

 

and it actually reminded me a lot of the same structures

available in Hong Kong

where you go through lots of skyscrapers

but of course, if there were to be

a walking marathon competition organized

Malaysian would definitely lose out

 

Alright, please fly back to KL

I specified Pavilion-C

because this walkway is linked via the Pavilion open-air dining area

which is known as the Connection

it is where the cinema and ktv are located as well

 

this side of the world is not really my kingdom

Eva was our tour guide of the day

and she actually brought us to this “Brave New frontier” at Pavilion

which is known as the Tokyo Street

need I mention more,

there are a few niche Japanese shops

Eg: Japanese bakery, pastries stores etc

 

the schedule went like this,

12 p.m. lunch at KLCC

3 p.m. marketing survey at Pavilion

5 p.m. Chatime tea break

5.30 p.m. on our way home

 

I reached home almost 2 hours later

which I consider pretty luckily early

I didn’t expect that I can catch up the 7 p.m. bus

 

and miracle did happen (twice, this week)

that the buses just intersected each other at the junction

if they missed each other by 1 minutes

it simply means that I have another 1 hour to

loiter till the 8 p.m. bus

 

Guess what,

because I dropped by Mid Valley

for groceries survey and

2 sets of happy meal and SpongeBobs

 

Oh my,

3 malls in one day

 

Method of transports

· Cab to Putrajaya Sentral (because I was with Her Highness)

· Airport Express to KL Sentral

· LRT to KLCC

· Bus No. 11 to and fro Pavilion

· LRT back to KL Sentral

· KTM train to Mid Valley

· Rapid KL buses back to P. Meranti

 

awesome, I experienced all the method of

transportation in KL within one day

minus.. private vehicle

the KL traffic was quite messed-up today, actually

since there was this flood and a tunnel has been closed down

 

Sometimes,

we curse at public transport

for not being punctual, delay, too crowded etc etc

but in time like this,

just feel so glad that they are always here for us

no matter how screwed up (is that a word too heavy to use) they are

it is just part and parcel of urban life

and there are actually improvements in terms of

capacity, safety and the civility of the people in general

 

Oh I don’t sound like an election campaigner, do I?

the point is just that

we love our city as the way it is

no matter how much and how far you travel,

how much the neighbouring island is doing way better than us

Agree?

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was strange. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit
    my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all
    that over again. Anyhow, just wanted to say wonderful blog!


    Feel free to visit my homepage :: diets that work Fast

    ReplyDelete