Tuesday, November 2, 2021

2021/11/02: September

September kinda flew by
no should i say October
as we are now already in Nov
and 50+ days till Christmas
*
I vaguely remember 
being quite busy in Sept
*
then i started bedtime reading
having realized that
I have been spending too much time
on browsing shopping platforms
*
Roald Dahl's short stories collection 
under 8 different themes
let's see i can remember all
which i managed to finish by Oct
*
Lust (highly recommended!) 
Madness 
Cruelty 
Deception 
Trickery 
Fear
War
Innocence
*
I have finished all 8
so it took me 2 months
*
one perk i discovered about
bedtime reading is
it helps to take my mind off work
especially on nights when
i log off after midnight
*
there are occasions where
i found it hard to fall asleep
real quick
probably due to excessive screen time
and also worry about next-day workload 
*
reading a short story before bed
doesn't make me fall asleep immediately
but at least there's something 
definitely more interesting
to think about
*
and another perk would be
the extra push to work harder
during overtime slot
because i can't wait to
get back to my book
*
got both doses of jab in Sept 
and things seemed to be
getting back to normal out there
*
but still not convinced
to go out unless necessary
*
I guess that's the new norm
for people like me who
were already quite reclusive 
way back
*

No comments:

Post a Comment