Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Don’t Take X For Hunger Sake: Not My Kinda Cake

if I like cake?

not really

it is just the alternative

when I don’t have much choices

 

especially if

it has got cream

it is sweet

it is too colourful

 

and the gigantic cake

during any celebration

it tends to scare me

 

one late evening

terribly in need of something to munch

then I dug up

this Japanese cupcake

okay just give it a try

Japanese cupcake 

 

food that ends up in fridge

most of the time

will land itself in trash bin

therefore

I am giving it a second life, actually

 

fancifully put it in a mini plate

with spoon

with the impression of

a proper afternoon tea session

 

yet it doesn’t change the fact that

I don’t really like cake

it made me feel bloated for some time

 

guess it is due to my defensive nature

I like bread

and will stick to it

there is no way

you can convince me to like cake

 

having it sometimes would be fine

but if I don’t have it for a long time

it would be fine

and I don’t think I will miss it

 

with the only exception

the only cake I enjoy eating

is the plain old spongecake

homemade, real orange / pandan juice

all the ingredients fresh

and see how the cake booms

cake in oven

 

I don’t mind having plain white bread

for 365 days, really

but for cake

give me the best, please

and in small portion, only

 

just like a relationship

if there is any opportunity

I will take no risk

give me the best, please

or I would rather stay alone & aloof

munching plain bread

for the rest of this life

 

unless it is home-baked

do not randomly take

for hunger sake

No comments:

Post a Comment