Saturday, February 21, 2009

Touring Melaka with RM10

Today’s Saturday…

Morning I though of going for a jog at the

recreational park at Bukit Serindit

6.30 am i told my mom…

No way, it’s dark n far

*

Ok, So I decided to go St. Paul Hill

Me and Ah B

She didn’t want to proceed further

aft we stopped by the chicken barn

*

Fine…

Morning Jog turned out to be

barn sight-seeing

*

After breakfast at 10am

I decided that

i wanna go somewhere

Ah B has been watching too much of TV

eating too much food all day long

*

We went to the bus stop

The bus was here very soon

I paid for my fare…

and mom was going to hand Ah B to me.

She protested and didn’t want to go up

*

So i end up on the bus all alone

I had totally no idea where was i heading to.

Anyway, the bus trip was a pleasant one

*

It’s not the usual bus

It was a Panorama Bus

All pretty new

The routes are around tourist spots in Melaka

*

It’s something like SBS bus in Sg

Well air-conditioned

clean seats and even computerized tix

*

It’s written on the tix

the tix is valid for the whole day trip

Wow, not bad ya…

RM 1 for a whole-day tix

*

Passed by the State library… 

Have had spent some times here

studying with my buddies during my

secondary school days

*

The new wing is finally done

But i haven’t been in there before

I haven’t been here for ages

Next time maybe

Since the bus service is so convenient now

*

I ended up at the Bus terminal, Sentral

I decided to walk across the Gerbang Sentral

the flyover linking Tesco.

*

Can’t believe it

i was wandering alone in Tesco

*

I came out with only RM 10 in my bag

So now left with RM 9 after

paying for my bus fare

So my budget for this trip was only RM 8

RM 1 for back up

*

I bought a can of St. Dalfour jam, RM 7.90

cause it’s within my budget

*

Then i headed back to Sentral

Took another bus home.

It costed me another RM 1

So i was only left with 10 cents

*

It’s so miserable

I didn’t have my purse with me

No IC, no nothing…

*

Like a domestic helper…

Plus a Eeyore milk bottle

a box of Pocky

and a 200ml water bottle

all belong to Ah B

*

Too bad I didn’t have my camera with me

My mom said it’s not safe to

bring alone camera on a bus trip

*

On my trip back

it felt weird

I was the only Chinese

and I was the only one alone

*

The bus past by Hang Tuah Walk

The Gloria Jeans outlet has closed down

replaced by another local mamak stall

* 

And another failed project

the Digital Mall

The only operating shop is Pizza Hut

which is so so small

*

Then next stop

it is Mahkota Parade and Dataran Pahlwan

*

I wanna go shopping for all the items

i had spotted yesterday

considering this morning

i was richer by RM 200

I had RM 300 cold hot cash with me

without the need to ask for money

*

80% of the bus passengers got down

But i couldn’t

With 10 cents in the bag

Forget about it

*

I continued feasting on the Pocky

Pocky has never tasted that great

especially when you are hungry, penniless

I drank from the Kiddi cup too

*

The driver had to informed the passengers

about important stops,

including The Stadhuys, Mahkota

and Penjara (The Jail)

*

Is it supposed to be one of the tourist destinations?

I am not too sure

Maybe the smallest jail in Malaysia

An unique site in the midth of city

*

Reached home

Ah B was soundly aslept

Such a traitor, who ffked on me

during the very very very last moment

*

It’s OK

it is better during half-way along the trip

she suddenly says she wants to go home

You knows how

kid misses home quite easily

*

Touring around is not a bad idea…

And i have learnt to

appreciate the public transport

*

At Sg and Nilai and elsewhere,

I learn to take public transport for survival

But i have never taken it seriously back here

*

Maybe I need a good camera

The Sony one is really great.

Sleek, touch screen, fancy color

*

Despite the cultural, patriotic, melancholic me

the shopaholic me still rules them all… 

Where am i heading tonight?

*